Join us to discover the many superpowers embedded within the Unity vocabulary system on the Accent speech-generating device. Expand your universe by learning to use these extra features of Unity vocabulary for notetaking, talking to voice assistants and more. Need a way to save your written work? Did you know you can tell Alexa to turn on your theme song? Are you ready to send a text? These features will be revealed during this fast-paced, action–packed hour. Activate your Unity superpowers and take on the world!
Unity Superpowers is intended for speech-language pathologists, educators, parents, or anyone with basic knowledge of the Accent speech generating device with Unity software who are ready to learn more advanced features.
Participants will be able to:
- Name 3 features of a Notebook (speak sentence/all, insert name/date, edit)
- List smart home options in Unity (IR Remotes, Alexa, Siri)
- Describe resources needed for Bluetooth texting and calling
5 minutes Introduction
5 minutes Overview of software
45 minutes Superpower Features
- Smart home (IR remotes/Alexa/Siri)
- Bluetooth texting and calling with Aerotext
5 minutes Summary and Questions
Click here for instructor bio and disclosures