Client Bill of Rights
PRC is an employee owned, independent home medical supplier. Business hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. To contact PRC, please call 330.262.1984 or 800.262.1933. If calling after hours, confidential voice mail is available to assist in meeting the needs of our customers.
PRC Mission Statement
Mission: To help people with disabilities achieve their potential in educational, vocational, and personal pursuits.
Method: By providing quality language and assistive technology products and services to people with disabilities, their families and professionals.
Manner: By treating each person with whom we interact with the highest respect.
As a client of PRC, you have the right to be fully informed verbally and/or in writing before service is initiated for the following:
- Supplies/products available.
- You are responsible to report any changes in your insurance coverage, changes in your place of residence, and enrollment in the hospice program. You are also responsible financially for any co-pays and deductibles that are due and any items not covered by your insurance carrier that you choose to purchase.
- Participation in the plan of service and/or any change in the plan before the change may occur.
- Your ability to authorize a designated representative to exercise your rights, such as signing client consent or authorization forms on your behalf.
Informed consent about service by receiving information in a way that is understandable to you.
- The right to refuse recommended equipment/service when the consequences are known.
- The client may choose the equipment/service provider.
- Be notified in advance of service options and when and why service will be discontinued.
- Participate in the selection of options for alternative levels of service or referral to other organizations as indicated by your need for continuing service.
- Receive disclosure information regarding any beneficial relationships PRC has that may result in profit for any referring organization.
- Be referred to another provider organization if PRC is unable to meet your needs or you are not satisfied with the service you are receiving.
- Voice grievances regarding service or respect for property that is/or fails to be furnished by anyone providing services on behalf of PRC without reprisal for doing so.
- Receive information on grievance procedures, including contact name, phone numbers, and hours of operation and how to communicate problems to PRC.
- Document a response from PRC regarding investigation and resolution of the grievance.
- Direct questions or concerns regarding the performance of your equipment, supplies and/or service to PRC at 800.262.1990, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. ET. Please be advised that PRC is responsible for resolving your questions or concerns and it is the company’s goal to respond to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Be free from any mental, physical abuse, neglect or exploitation of any kind from PRC personnel.
- Your property/supplies will be treated with respect.
- The confidentiality of your clinical records and the organization’s policy for accessing and disclosing of clinical records.
- Receive a copy of PRC’s Notice of Privacy Practices.
- Receive appropriate care without discrimination in accordance with physician orders. All people will be treated with dignity and respect.
- PRC field staff can be identified by the client while conducting PRC business.
- Clients have a right to file a formal complaint if they feel we have not adequately implemented the Advanced Directives requirements, without fear of reprisal. This complaint must be made to PRC’s Privacy Officer 330.262.1984 within 180 days of the event of concern. We are approved by Medicare 800.633.4227 and accredited by ACHC 919.785.1214; should we be unable to resolve an issue, please feel free to contact them.