Take a few moments to update your Accent device with the newest 1.16 version of Empower to experience its latest features! This easy-to-use software is made even better with these helpful updates.
Exciting New Empower 1.16 Features:
- It’s even easier to calibrate NuPoint head tracking with a new centered cursor calibration setting. The new centered setting is perfect for users who maintain a stable alignment of the device in relation to their head position but may find it difficult to manually realign the cursor.
- You can now add a button action that allows you to activate the centered calibration process directly from your vocabulary for easy access without navigating to the toolbox.
- New Catch Me Activity added to Engage. Catch Me uses motion to capture user’s attention and sound and animation to offer a fun reward for their efforts. A wide range of image options and the ability to adjust the size and color of the object as well as the background color enable this activity to accommodate a variety of vision needs. With settings to customize activity duration, dwell time, and speed, Catch Me can be made easier for beginners or more challenging as skills improve.
Noteworthy Improvements & Fixes
- Updates to Minspeak® and PRC symbols give you more symbols to choose from.
- Voices recategorized into Adult and Youth options, making it easier to find an age-appropriate voice.
- Taylor, a female adult American English digital voice, has now been added to the Acapela suite of voices in the 1.16 update, giving augmentative communicators another high-quality voice option.
- Miscellaneous updates and fixes to vocabulary and keyboard content.
- Fixed a bug that rendered photos blurry on large buttons.
Get a Sneak Peek!
Blog - empower, nuvoice, update, software update, accent, accent device